Sunday, April 17, 2011

Whirl Tour


Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was a scooter game with some cockamamie story about portals zapping the player into strange locals? Me neither, but apparently somebody at Papaya Studio did when they made Whirl Tour. It plays like the most blatant ripoff of a Tony Hawk game I've played, but maybe they got away with it by having it on scooters and with a bad cartoon art style. From what I can tell, Papaya Studio has never made anything good, usually doing licensed games for cartoon properties.


This game is intensely similar to a Tony Hawk game. The controls are identical in every way, to the point where it is closer to playing an actual Tony Hawk game than even the Matt Hoffman games, which actually had a valid excuse. Even though they did such a good job aping Tony Hawk, the physics are all sorts of bad and the experience of playing just isn't as smooth. There were a lot of instances where it looked like I should have crashed and I didn't, as well as times when it looked like I should have been fine but crashed.


The game is just garbage and at this point feels like a total waste of my four dollars. I hope to make myself feel better about this purchase by forcing others to endure it, and if that doesn't work, possibly hide it in their game collections like I did with Dragonball Z Budokai. Whirl Tour's main character is named Wasa B. Excuse my while I do a 360 Indy Facepalm.

No comments:

Post a Comment